office hours

Monday - 8am to 5:30pm
Tuesday - 8am to 5:30pm
Wednesday - 8am to 7pm
Thursday - 8am to 5:30pm
Friday - 8am to 5:30pm
1st & 3rd Saturday - 9am to noon


cliffdale animal hospital blue logo6416 Brookstone Lane
Fayetteville, NC 28314



The Barking Blog

A few treats for the dog days of living brought to you by Cliiffdale Animal Hospital Fayetteville NC.

Call today to schedule your appointment: 910.487.5013
6416 Brookstone Lane, Fayetteville, NC 28314

5 Most Common Easter Toxins

Easter Safety for Pets1) Chocolate: Easter is typically the top day for chocolate intoxication calls to the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center, topping Christmas, Valentine’s Day and even Halloween. Why? Pets often find candy hidden around the house and yard or Easter baskets left unattended.
Solution: Make sure all candy is out of reach of pets at all times.

2) Lilies: True lilies and daylilies are a concern for acute kidney failure in cats. All homes with cats should be very careful with Easter lilies.
Solution: The APCC suggests lilies not enter the house with cats. However, if they must be there, make sure cats don’t have access to any part of the plant, including pollen, petals that fall or even the water the flowers were stored in – all can cause life-threatening problems.

3) Easter Basket Grass: The plastic grass that is found in Easter baskets is appealing to pets and can cause a life-threatening gastrointestinal obstruction which can require surgery to resolve.
Solution: Don’t leave Easter grass lying outside on the lawn after festivities are over. Keep grass out of the reach of all pets while in the house and dispose of used grass in pet-proof container.

4) Foods: Onions, garlic, macadamia nuts, grapes and raisins are common toxic foods pets ingest, and many foods that aren’t toxic may cause stomach upset or lead to pancreatitis.
Solution: Don’t leave scraps on the table or counter unattended, and dispose of uneaten food in pet-proof containers.

5) Herbicides: Easter often brings springtime yard work, leading to animals ingesting herbicides. Pets love the salty taste and may ingest mist in the air while the products are being sprayed.
Solution: Keep all herbicides where pets can’t chew or puncture bottles and make sure lawns are dry before letting pets outside. While many herbicides are not highly toxic, any exposure warrants a call to the vet.

Myth About Ticks
Heartworms – Prevention is the Key!